Calling all budding Masterchefs. NYC Public Schools are closed (again!) on Thursday June 7th. Why not flex your culinary muscles in the kitchen? Sign your kids up to join Teaching Table for a culinary workshop at CookSpace in Brooklyn. Teams of junior chefs will work collaboratively to prepare their morning snack, lunch and dessert. They will apply proper culinary techniques, discuss flavor combinations and learn about the origins of traditional foods. Participants will also develop and write their own recipes. Bonus: kids will make their own ketchup from scratch AND it's sugar free! For ages 6-11.
- morning snack | fruit smoothies and veggie sticks dipped in homemade hummus
- lunch | garden burgers and root vegetable fries with scratch-made ketchup
- dessert | berry sorbet
Notes to parents:
- You can drop your child off for this fully supervised 4-hr cooking workshop.
- Cook Space and Teaching Table have considered offering this workshop across multiple days in the summer if parents and children express interest.
- The age range is flexible. If you have a question about your child who is a bit older than 11 or younger than 6, please contact us.
Limited space available. Register now!