Do you have spice jars in your pantry you've never touched? Are you curious about all the colorful jars and canisters at spice markets but hesitant to try them?
For this cooking class, prepare to have your taste buds clobbered with flavor! You'll participate in a partially hands-on culinary demonstration of at least 3 dishes from around the globe that celebrate exotic spices. You'll learn about a variety of spices and their origins and health benefits, distinguish between their whole and ground form, and discuss proper usage and storage techniques. After feasting on a meal of intensely flavorful foods, you will create your own fresh spice blends to jar and take home with you. Menu items could include:
- Bengali Red Lentil Dal with Spiced Basmati Rice
- Chicken Mole Tacos
- Jamaican Jerk Shepherds Pie (with lamb or tofu)
- Ethiopian Split Peas with freshly ground Berbere spice
- Za'atar & Sumac Roasted Zuchinni, Tomatoes and Eggplant
- Carrot Spice Cake or Vegan Pistachio Cardamom Cookies
Cost $58 per person.
Register now by completing this form: